Indian Oil Corporation Careers 2012 :: Recruitment of 225 Engineers through Gate 2012
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IndianOil), the transnational energy major, is the highest ranked Indian Company at 98thPosition in the prestigious ‘Fortune Global 500’ list. For over five decades, IndianOil has remained a leader due to the patronage of over a billion Indians. With one of Asia’s largest network of refineries, pipelines, retail outlets and the most trusted range of brands, IndianOil us also redefining its role as a Maharatna company with a group of dedicated and ever evolving work force
IndianOil is offering excellent career opportunities as Engineers/ Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in the following engineering disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals Engineering)
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering ( including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering)
- Metallurgical Engineering
Minimum educational qualification for employment in above mentioned positions are:
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only)
- Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations. It is relaxed to ‘pass’ for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) /People With Disability (PWD) candidates. from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2012.
Maximum 26 years as on 30th June 2012 for the general category candidates Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’ before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available in the following link: http://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Pre-employment_Guiding_Principles11th_mar_2011.pdf
Selection, Training and Placement :
The selection methodology will comprise of the following
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2012 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with IndianOil are required to appear in GATE-2012 in the same disciplines. The disciplines and corresponding GATE papers along with GATE paper codes are given below:
How to apply:
1. GATE-2012 is scheduled on 12th February 2012. For detailed information on GATE-2012,
interested candidates may log on to www.iitd.ac.in/gate or websites of other IITs and Indian
Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
2. Candidates need to apply/ register ONLINE for GATE-2012. Application process for GATE-2012 is entirely ONLINE.
3. The candidates will require their GATE-2012 Registration Number for applying to IndianOil. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2012 admit card of the candidates. The admit card can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites of IISc and 7 IITs. No other number (for eg. GATE-2012 form no. etc) should be entered as GATE-2012 registration number while applying to IndianOil
4. On downloading the GATE-2012 admit card and receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply to IndianOil ONLINE. The relevant link will be made available from 2nd Janaury’2012 on the IndianOil’s website www.iocl.com.
5. Candidates should click on the ONLINE application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the ONLINE application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2012 registration number.
6. Candidates must enter the same name as they are entering while applying to GATE-2012. (For example, if the candidates is entering Ravi Kumar Singh in the ONLINE GATE application, he must enter Ravi Kumar Singh (exactly same spelling) while applying to IndianOil ONLINE. He must not enter R K Singh or Ravi K Singh while applying to IndianOil). The candidates must fill-in the other information boxes correctly and ‘tick’ the appropriate box, wherever applicable.
7. Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form.
8. Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
9. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with GATE-2012 application form and admit card. If the candidate is called for GD/GT and interview, his/ her identity would be verified with GATE-2012 admit card and GATE-2012 official score card.
10. 11th February 2012 is the last date for receiving the ONLINE application for IndianOil
There is no separate fee for applying to IndianOil
For detailed Notification Click Here
Log on: https://www.iocl.com